2017 Columbia Homecoming Festival Parade THURSDAY, June 22, 2017 Theme:
No registering is necessary! Just show up the day of the parade at the locations specified below!
The Columbia Homecoming Parade has been a long-standing tradition for numerous years. Not knowing the exact date it began, we do know that it started as the traditional 4th of July Parade. Commemorating our past and current veterans, and the celebration of a nations successful "BATTLE FOR FREEDOM". Our local VFW Post 9340 has hosted it for many of those years. The true meaning of our right to freedom lives beneath the earth surface, where so many of our men and women have past before us to help preserve the right we all enjoy today. This parade helps all of us remember the reason behind the USA, "United States of America" which clearly reflects that we as citizens have come together to be united for one cause for man kind, which is the protection and enjoyment of the right to be FREE!
We hope that you will join us this year and celebrate this year's event.
FEES: NO CHARGE
PARADE LINE UP: ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST LINE UP AT THE COLUMBIA SERVICE GARAGE, 26089 ROYALTON ROAD.
EVERYONE DISBANDS AT COLUMBIA MIDDLE SCHOOL
1. Awards will be presented to those entries best expressing the theme of the parade and entertainment value through enthusiasm, imagination, effort, entertainment, & overall appeal.
2. NO THROWING OF ITEMS FROM FLOATS, CARS, TRUCKS OR OTHER UNITS. You must walk curbside of street to pass out candy, literature or other handouts.
3. Each entry shall exercise all precautions for the safety of others and shall be responsible for their own animal, float, vehicle; etc. Keeping your entry in order and under control at all times is your responsibility.
4. Equestrian units are required to provide their own pooper-scooper units for the parade. Please bring your own shovels, brooms and trashcans or bags.
5. Please maintain a distance of 10-15 ft. between your entry & the unit directly in front of you.
6. Extra vehicles not in parade may not be parked in these areas; they should go to disbanding area.
7. Walking & visiting Royalty units will assemble at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church-25801 Royalton Rd., Columbia Station, OH 44028.
8. The parade will travel east on Rt. 82, then north on to West River Rd, and then left into the Columbia Library (13824 West River Rd.) parking lot. The Columbia Library parking lot will be designated as the official disbanding area. All entries must complete the entire parade route and disband at this location.
Winners will be announced at the main stage in the park after completion of parade.